Saturday, May 24, 2014

StirPlate Transmission

It works, but I want to do it a different way. I will finish what Im doing here, but I have the itch to build something bigger now that changes gears. Anyway, peep the video and of course there are millions of pics on my web album, though I cant figure out how the hell to link it.

The arm that moves the black idler gear around will have to be remade again a bit longer to hold another gear on the very end which will be towards transferring that awesome hi/lo gear selected motion to a common rotor equipped with magnets. The problem is I keep changing my mind about how I want to do the whole thing. There are a lot of ways to do this shit. Some ways go well until the end, some dont ever really go well and some are just fantasy. I do want to redo this whole thing with metal gears and a heating element, though. Its gonna happen dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment