Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Stirplate

The stirplate is underway and actually works already. Right now its running off my 2560 with my motor shield. I never use them, so I figured why not. I also wanted to get good torque at low rpms. Looking at some of the diy stirplates on youtube where people just used a potentiometer, their lowest setting is still fast as hell. A good stirplate will have a complete range of rpms available. Im also pretty keen on having something programmable. It may seem to us that something is stirring pretty completely, but in fact it could take more than 24 hours to stir completely. I hope to change this but pulsing and otherwise mixing up how mine stirs. Im not 100% pleased with the low rpm limit. In my sketch the lowest power I can apply and get movement is 50. Im not sure how many rpms that works out to be, but its more than I want. See it in the video, that is the lowest setting(I know that racket is god awful, its just a bolt clanking around in there, I plan to get a legit stirbar today. The other video shows testing how well it changes directions. THe motor mount, the black box that holds the motor, was made from pieces of a cdrom tray that I cut up and epoxied together. Im pretty pleased with how well it holds everything. I will use this approach again. I havent started mounting it all in the enclosure yet since Im not satisfied with it. Ill leave it at that for now. Here's the pr0n--
 

No comments:

Post a Comment