Friday, May 23, 2014

The Great Stir Plate Transmission

The stir plate transmission is going pretty well. I should have some gear changing action going on soon. Right now its deciding which way to go with it thats holding me up. I love taking a box of parts from all sorts of shit and seeing how I can make it fit together in to new things. All these gears and racks a bearings all fit together in so many ways. In this post Ill lay out my possibilities.
The black gear is the one I hope will jump from gear od to gear od and give me high/low.

The servo is nearby, great.

Another part Id like to see used. Its a pivoting arm. Notice in the next pic the beautiful bearing fit.

The bearing from a hdd head looks as if its made for my pivot arm I found.

The latest idea is a rack and pinion off the servo. 

Maybe come in at an angle parallel to the center lines of the gears?


This is gonna be so bad ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment